9 Skincare Rituals
The number 9 is the number of services and completion. Karmic endings and most importantly, new beginnings. If you are anything like me, number patterns play a huge role in my life. (If you do not relate to numbers, what about other symbols? Such as animals or colors. Is there anything you feel a connection to that gives reassurance to your life?) Whether it’s someone’s birthday, anniversary, or that consistent set of numbers that keeps popping up in your outer surroundings. Most of the time I find this is not just a coincidence. These are important messages that let us know we are on the right path. The number 9 and its meaning has been embedded into my life experiences for as long as I can remember. Incorporating these signs both personally and professionally, I created a list of some of the most important tips and tools I have used along the way in my own skincare journey. They are in no particular order and each guideline can very easily be accomplished no matter what your lifestyle is.
1. Honor & be proud of the divine beauty that is inherent within yourself. A positive mindset of our own beauty can help us break out of any negative routine vision we may have of ourselves. Practice daily self-care rituals such as facial massage, meditation and exercise. Validate your own beauty by speaking kindly to yourself.
2. Journal to go beneath the surface. A lot of our limiting beliefs about our appearance resides deep within. Our skin is a barrier between the internal and external worlds. Use journaling to release any subconscious beliefs you may have about your appearance.
3. Focus on getting proper sleep. Poor sleep habits can lead to increased stress hormones. This is where inflammatory skin conditions can arise. Such as acne or psoriasis. Work towards getting a minimum of 8-9 hours per night. Keeping track of any dreams may hold the wellness and beauty solutions you are looking for.
4. Hydrate. Our bodies are made up of 50% water. H20 is one of the most important energy sources for the body. Your skin has a much easier time ridding itself of toxins when you are hydrated.
5. SPF. The most important ingredient is zinc oxide. This will provide sun protection by physically blocking the sun. Which means the rays bounce off the skin instead of getting absorbed. This scores well in EWG’s database and has very low health concerns. Do not forget the chest, neck and hands
6. Exfoliate. With so many different options on the market, this can get a bit confusing. Enzymes, peels, granular scrubs etc. I can help guide you to the best method. Envision the elimination of any negatives in your world. As you erase dead skin cells, choose to also let go of negative thoughts.
7. Indulge in anti-inflammatory foods! Some of my favorites consist of turmeric, ginger and lemon. I am big into herbal teas and supplements. Some of my favorite teas are Holy Basil & Rishi Turmeric Ginger.
8. Invest in good facial oil. Think of this as an overall boost to your skincare routine. A good quality facial oil can keep vital hydration locked in by strengthening and softening the outer layer. Known as the stratum corneum. Depending on your skin type, this will determine what plant oil would be most beneficial.
9. I believe in incorporating mild resurfacing treatments such as dermaplaning, derma filing and microdermabrasion. This can minimize sun damage, age spots and improve overall skin tone and texture.